Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

POETRY FRIDAY


I hosted Thanksgiving yesterday. A really nice day with family-- eating, celebrating our blessings, talking, and watching football. Also a lot of work- getting the house ready and cooking and cleaning up afterwards (which maybe explains the lack of posts this week). Today I'm feeling a little punchy…

A Turkey Speaks


I have never understood
why anyone would
roast the turkey
and shuck the clams
and crisp the croutons
and shell the peas
and candy the sweets
and compote the cranberries
and bake the pies
and clear the table
and wash the dishes
and fall into bed
when they could sit back
and enjoy a hamburger.

~Author Unknown

Thanks to Jone (our fearless CYBILS nonfiction picture book leader) for hosting Poetry Friday at Check it Out.

1 comment:

Mary Lee said...

When I clicked into your blog and saw that photo, my stomach, previously still full from yesterday, said, "GROWL."

I think it's time for some brunch!

Happy Thanksgiving, friend! Virtual red velvet cupcakes to you and yours!