Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

CYBILS 2012

Shortly after I started blogging, my dear friend Mary Lee emailed me. She thought I should apply to be a judge for the CYBILS awards. The application process, as I remember, was really simple, you just sent an email and a few days later, you got an email telling you which committee you would be working on. I did YA nonfiction that year, then went on to serve as a judge for elementary nonfiction for the next two years. Last year I moved over to Poetry, and I am super excited to announce that I will be a first round Poetry judge again this year. Yippee!!!!! I can't wait for the nominations to open on October 1st! Are you getting your list of nominees ready?

I'm totally out of my league with a whole committee of published poets and brilliant bloggers, but I know I will learn a lot!

Round One

Jone Rush MacCulloch
Check It Out

Anastasia Suen
Booktalking

Tricia Stohr-Hunt
The Miss Rumphius Effect

Irene Latham
Live Your Poem

Misti Tidman
Kid Lit Geek

Mary Lee Hahn
A Year of Reading


Round Two
Sylvia Vardell
Poetry for Children

Ed DeCaria
Think Kid Think
@edecaria

Renee La Tulippe
No Water River

Diane Mayr
Kurious Kitty
@terseverser

Linda Baie
Teacher Dance

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Congratulations! You are a fabulous addition to the committee.

Cathy